Re: cvs diff -u does not work after Savannah change

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: cvs diff -u does not work after Savannah change
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:40:33 -0600 (CST)

Lennart Borgman wrote:

   and then it hangs. This worked before. Is this a w32 specific problem
   perhaps? Or did I do something wrong?

I do not believe that this is w32 specific.  You probably still have
the old entries (address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs) instead of
address@hidden:/sources/emacs in your CVS/Root files.  There
_must_ be some CVS command that allows you to update all CVS/Root
files automatically, but I can somehow not find it in the CVS manual.
Personally, I ran find-grep-dired for the old entry in my Emacs CVS
directory and then used Dired's Q command to perform a query replace,
but that was almost certainly terribly silly (although it worked).
I am not a CVS expert.

If you can not do a better job than me in searching the CVS manual,
you probably want to wait till somebody tells you how to really do it,
rather than follow my example.

Sincerely,

Luc.