Re: bad mailer Subject meddling (was: links in Help buffer aren't always

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: bad mailer Subject meddling (was: links in Help buffer aren't always correct)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:47:45 +0100

   If it produces brain-dead subject lines, but it is a very common mailer,
   maybe Rmail's C-c C-n could somehow deal with it by adding extra
   intelligence to handle the retarded output ;-)?  No flames please - I don't
   even know what C-c C-n does,

C-c C-n moves to the next message with the same subject.  What would
be nice is if C-c C-n (and C-c C-p) would move thread-wise based on
Message-ID, and then based on the subject.

   On a related subject: Unlike the posts to emacs-devel, bug reports get the
   original sender's email address (e.g. "address@hidden") prepended
   to the subject line, as in this one (but I removed that). That makes the
   subject much longer (m u c h  longer, in some cases). Is that "feature"
   really necessary or a good idea?

It happens when one forwards a message from rmail to someone (in this
case, emacs-devel).