Re: Docstring line length

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Docstring line length
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:54:24 -0600 (CST)

Drew Adams wrote:

   I'm sure most people do not do as I do, but I'm not sure that most people
   use fixed 80-char frames. Do we have any user data to go on?

80 char frames are the default configuration of Emacs.

   Fair enough. How long is too long?

67 for the first line.  That is a given.  68 already forces an ugly
continuation line in the apropos output.

To me 70 for most subsequent lines with an absolute limit of 79 seems
better than the current 60.  But I do not believe that this is a
really big deal.

Sincerely,

Luc.