Re: Bug, probably related to Custom Themes.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Bug, probably related to Custom Themes.
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:29:42 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       I think that Customize should only write to .emacs when the user
       clicks on the "Save" button.  Maybe "Erase Customizations" should only
       reset the values in the Customize buffer, but not make them take
       effect.

   I am not sure in principle; anyway, now is not the time to consider
   changing that.

"Reset to Current" does exactly what Chong apparently would want
"Erase Customization" to do.  I personally believe that the old tag
("Reset to Default") was less confusing than "Erase Customization"
and made the relation with the other reset operations more clear.

Sincerely,

Luc.