Re: Other problem in Themes.

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Other problem in Themes.
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 14:07:01 -0500

    I believe that in an earlier discussion of Custom Themes (several
    months ago), we decided that load-theme should _unconditionally_ load
    themes, otherwise bugs resulted.

ISTR that that was meant to solve problems about order of priority
of settings in various themes.  I solved those problems in
a different way, by writing custom-theme-recalc-variable etc.
As far as I know, there is no reason for this any more.

    > Either the "if it isn't already loaded" part of the above quote is
    > false,

    Yes, that was clearly a mistake.  I fixed that.

I think it was not a mistake.  load-theme calls require,
and require doesn't load the file if it was already loaded.