Re: menu-bar: disable items when no frame visible

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: menu-bar: disable items when no frame visible
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:02:31 -0500

>     Because I configure my Emacs similarly to what Epoch used to do.  So when
>     I start Emacs, I only get a one-line frame holding the minibuffer.
> Would simply enabling recursive minibuffers give you what you want?

enable-recursive-minibuffers has nothing to do with the problem.

>     Other cases of errors is when I use C-x C-f from a dedicated window/frame.
> That is a completely different issue.

No, it's the exact same issue.  `switch-to-buffer' fails in those two cases:
when the selected window is a minibuffer window, and when it is
a dedicated window.
As Eli points out in another message, you misunderstood the problem
described by Juri.

        Stefan