Problems with whole buffer Custom functions.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Problems with whole buffer Custom functions.
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:32:20 -0600 (CST)

Recently more emphasized (via the mode docstring) Custom buffer
key bindings (C-x C-s and C-c C-c) have problems.

`custom-mode-map' is _not_ enabled in the entire Custom buffer.  For
instance, it is not enabled in editable fields.

I can not do the following example in `emacs -q' because it involves
saving into .emacs, but I am pretty sure the problems are not caused
by my customizations.

Do `M-x customize-option RET double-click-time'.  Edit the value in
the editable field and, with point still in the editable field, do
`C-x C-s', which according to the mode doc is going to save your new
value in your .emacs.  Note that instead you get asked in which file
you want to save the Custom buffer.  With point still in the editable
field, doing C-c C-c shows that it is not defined.

I do not immediately know whether editable fields are the only problem.

Sincerely,

Luc.