Re: Emacs antialiasing in X

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Emacs antialiasing in X
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:07:54 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, David Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:

> If nobody merges the plain-old "ChangeLog" files from the current XFT
> branch into what I'm doing, and my branch is used in lieu of the
> current XFT branch everything people have done in those files (in some
> cases this amounts substantial work) will be lost.  If nobody cares, I
> can start new files and drop the old ones on the floor.

> Are you telling me that edits made to ChangeLog, NEWS, etc., in the
> XFT branch are expendable?

No.  I don't know what is done in XFT branch nor how widely
ChangeLog, etc. are modified.  I've never touched it.
Please discuss with XFT branch maintainers about what to do
with the current modification.

I've just shown you how emacs-unicode-2 branch is maintained
to avoid confliction on future merging, and thought that you
can use the same method.

Please note also that all changes to the main trunk are
periodically (once a week or so) applied also to
emacs-unicode-2 branch by Miles.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden