Re: mh-e/mh-acros.el advices `require' incorrectly

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: mh-e/mh-acros.el advices `require' incorrectly
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:24:58 -0500

I don't understand 100% of the plan, but it looks like a good plan
overall.

    2. Make mh-utils.el a pure "utility" package. I'm thinking chunks could
       go into mh-xface.el and mh-scan.el (taking stuff from mh-e.el too).
       We would then create files for each of the modes. We now already have
       mh-search.el, so I'd propose mh-show.el and mh-folder.el, maybe
       renaming mh-comp.el to mh-letter.el for consistency. Move
       mh-modify to mh-funcs.el where it belongs.

    6. Limit scope of variables to just the file in which it is defined.
       If necessary, provide access to variables via functions that are
       found in mh-loaddefs.el.

I think these two are be necessary to solve the present problem, and
could substantially increase the amount of change.  It might be better
not to do these changes now.