Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 10:38:49 +0100

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> wrote:

> What I want to see is one thumbnail viewing package
> that is easy to learn to use in a simple fashion,
> and is also powerful.

I would like to see a command like `thumbs' in tumme, a quick way to
open a directory and display thumbs for everything in it in one step.
Having to setup tumme key bindings, starting tumme-dired, marking
files and pressing C-t d, just to get a thumbnailed look at a dir is
to cumbersome.

Another important thing:
The comment in tumme states:

;; * In order to work well, `tumme' require that all your images have
;; unique names.  The reason is the way thumbnail file names are
;; generated.  I will probably not fix this problem as my images all
;; have unique names.

if this is still true, this would be a _very_ serious limitation.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde : "Lies, was ich meine, nicht, was ich schreibe."
             : (Urs Traenkner in de.alt.admin)