Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:35:31 +0100

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

> Why is it necessary to call tumme-setup-dired-keybindings?
> It would be nice to make that unnecessary.
> Then renaming tumme-dired to thumbnail-dired would make
> it convenient to start tumme.

The only reason it is necessary is that I did not yet want to make
tumme's bindings on by default. Me and you discussed this and you said
that having the C-t prefix in dired bound to tumme commands would be
harmless as C-t currently does not mean anything in dired. That is
probably easy to fix and if people is OK with it I think we should do

The other issue was the commands to go to next and previous line, on
the same time advancing the thumbnail displays. These are currently
bound to S-C-down and S-C-up. What you suggeste here was to try and
make dired-next/previous-line check if tumme was active or not, and do
the right thing.

None of the above is done yet.