Re: Copyright years

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Copyright years
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 12:54:13 +0200

> From: "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:02:28 -0500
>
>     My problem is that the GNU Coding Standards still have this paragraph:
>
>       This copyright notice only needs to mention the most recent year in
>       which changes were made---there's no need to list the years for previous
>       versions' changes.
>
> This refers to the copyright notice displayed by the program
> at startup.

You are right, sorry.  The text I was looking for is in maintain.texi,
and it already says what I wanted to be clear.

May I suggest that standards.texi explicitly says that copyright
notices in source files are covered in maintain.texi, and have a
reference to the right place there?  From experience, people who
submit patches to sources seldom read maintain.texi, since that manual
is for package maintainers.