Re: gnus doesn't encode non-ascii attachment filenames

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: gnus doesn't encode non-ascii attachment filenames
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:36:40 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> For Emacs 23, we can have a better/simpler fix.  But, could someone
> tell me the maintenance policy of Gnus codes?  Should we modify codes
> in cvs HEAD so that it works also with emacs-unicode-2 (perhaps with
> version check here and there)?  Or, should we directly modify codes in
> cvs emacs-unicode-2?

It seems to me better keep the code in both branches the same, if

Changes to Emacs 22 will be propagated to Gnus 5.10 and the Gnus
development branch (No Gnus); as people may wish to use the Gnus
development branch with Emacs 23, it would be a good thing to avoid
changes which are only in the Emacs 23 sources.

Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page