Re: Flyspell-region bug

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: Flyspell-region bug
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:44:41 +0100

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 01:53:14PM +0100, Slawomir Nowaczyk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think there is a small problem in flyspell.el. If you evaluate the
> following two expressions in this buffer:
>
> (setq flyspell-large-region 1)
> (flyspell-buffer)
>
> Washington washington
>
> the uncapitalised version is not marked as misspelled -- while it
> should be.

I first thought this was non reproducible here, but I had case-fold-search
set to nil in ~/.emacs. Can now reproduce it after commenting that entry.

> The following patch corrects the immediate problem:

Your patch seems to do the right thing, making sure case-fold-search is nil
for the search.

> Nevertheless, I find it somewhat disturbing that flyspell *did not*
> complain but silently decided to ignore the misspelling ispell
> reported...

Note that flyspell found it, but with the wrong case.

> Wouldn't it be better to at least show a message when this happens?

In this case no message would have been issued since misspelling was
(wrongly) found, so words-not-found should be finally empty.

--
Agustin