Modify image-load-path/load-path?

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Modify image-load-path/load-path?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:57:17 -0800

We (the MH-E and Gnus communities) are working now on sharing as many
icons as possible and incorporating recent GNOME icons into the Emacs
set.

We are also working to replace redundant code for locating our packages'
images and updating image-load-path (load-path in Emacs 21) with a
single function in image.el.

Our question for you is this: should such a function actually modify the
image-load-path (as MH-E does now), or simply return a modified version
of image-load-path for use in a scoped variable copy of image-load-path
(as Gnus does now)?

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD