Re: complaint: vc-annotate finishes in orig buffer now

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: complaint: vc-annotate finishes in orig buffer now
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:43:31 +0100

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 05:58 -0500, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

> it used to finish in the annotation buffer,
> which made using P, N and J (browsing commands)
> pleasantly easy.

> this means you have to switch back to the annotation buffer
> to run those commands, which themselves finish outside
> that buffer (since they call `vc-annotate'), the end result
> being constant switching required to browse (not pleasant).

I think this is due to Stefan's change on 2005-12-23 in vc-annotate.  I
think save-current-buffer in the new interactive block of that function
is responsible for it.  Stefan, did you have any particular rationale
for this change?

If not, I would also prefer to revert to the previous behaviour.

> a related complaint is that now vc-annotate creates a new
> window now, whereas before it did not.

Not sure if that is due to the same change.