Re: key to yank text at point into minibuffer?

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: key to yank text at point into minibuffer?
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 10:00:04 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       Just to make sure that you understand correctly: the binding in
       question, C-S-BS, has no other meaning that would have to be turned
       off, in any OS I am aware of.  C-M-BS and C-M-DEL do.

   Yes, the latter two are the ones I think we should delete
   because they risk enticing people to reboot.

We _already_ deleted those.  Miles is suggesting deleting the C-S-BS
binding for kill-whole-line because he believes that many users will
mistakenly hold down the Meta key rather than the Shift key.

>From the NEWS:

+++
** The old bindings C-M-delete and C-M-backspace have been deleted,
since there are situations where one or the other will shut down
the operating system or your X server.

Sincerely,

Luc.