Re: Carbon Emacs - large bolded fonts get truncated

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Re: Carbon Emacs - large bolded fonts get truncated
Date: 10 Mar 2006 23:33:04 -0800

>>>>> "YAMAMOTO" == YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <address@hidden> writes:

YAMAMOTO> This is a non-default setting.  In such a case, please describe your
YAMAMOTO> font setting in your bug report so others can reproduce your situation
YAMAMOTO> as closely as possible.

Sorry.  I could have posted my .emacs if asked.  Wasn't sure how much or
little of it was significant.

YAMAMOTO> Anyway, I tried to do that by

YAMAMOTO> I could reproduce the problem on Mac OS X 10.4.5, but not on 10.3.9.
YAMAMOTO> On 10.4.5, not only the bold font but also the normal one showed the
YAMAMOTO> same problem.

YAMAMOTO>   4) (set-face-attribute 'info-title-4 nil :weight 'normal)

YAMAMOTO> So I suspect this is a bug in QuickDraw Text on 10.4.  Unfortunately,
YAMAMOTO> Apple declares it is deprecated on 10.4, so maybe we can't expect it
YAMAMOTO> will get fixed :-(

So, Emacs will have to adapt to whatever really works on 10.4, given that
10.4 will not adapt to Emacs.

I presume this will get marked down as a bug, and when someone gets some
tuits, will get fixed.  Cool.

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>