Re: when can I set background color for single window

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: when can I set background color for single window
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:27:13 +0200

> Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:09:01 +0100
> From: "Jan D." <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Emacs Rocky wrote:
> > sometimes, I want to set the background color for a single window not
> > for the whole frame.
> >
> > Will this feature be supported in the future?
>
> Probably not.

For the general feature, I tend to agree.  But it might be possible to
achieve the same effect with the current code in some specific
situations.

So I'd like to ask the OP to please describe the situation where such
a per-window color setting is required.  Perhaps we can come up with
advice how to solve that specific case.