Re: W32 version crashes on C-g

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: W32 version crashes on C-g
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 21:46:29 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
I repeat: setting up the environment is the hardest part. Even if the
user is a developer, if he happens to have tools from GnuWin32, Cygwin
and MinGW in his PATH (it's happened to me a couple times), you can
get mysterious errors while running make, for example.
I agree. I did quite a lot of testing before writing the suggestions for this. I had to change my mind some times. (I struggled hard to get MSYS working for building Emacs but finally gave it up.)

When I was doing this I also looked into the tools for the run time environment for Emacs on w32. I think that should be considered too when writing instructions for setting up a building environment. Doing so is a bit frustrating, but maybe also tells us what should be changed in Emacs to make things easier on w32.