Re: gud.el bug + patch

From: Karl Chen
Subject: Re: gud.el bug + patch
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:57:23 -0800

    >> I found that having 'run' in .gdbinit triggers the problem;
    >> this recipe should do it:

    Nick> The mode works for you otherwise?

Yes, it works very well otherwise.  I believe Emacs from 2006-01
worked even with the 'run' command in .gdbinit.

    Nick> I can reproduce this bug.  The problem arises because
    Nick> the order of the initial annotations is not what Emacs
    Nick> currently expects.  I should be able at least to get M-x
    Nick> gdba to work under these conditions.  M-x gdb has the
    Nick> added complication that it is used for both options
    Nick> "--fullname" and "--annotate=3" and Emacs has to work
    Nick> out which has been invoked from the output.  Maybe at
    Nick> some stage we can move the old behaviour (--fullname)
    Nick> out to another command gud-gdb, say.

I guess it's more complicated than I thought; I got excited before
thinking I had solved the problem.  Maybe you could use 'gdb -n'
to inhibit .gdbinit and then load .gdbinit after the necessary
Emacs gud-mode initialization.

--
Karl 2006-03-24 14:52