Re: Small patch to enable use of gpg-agent with pgg

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Small patch to enable use of gpg-agent with pgg
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:58:48 +0900

> Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden> writes:

>> Emacs 20, 21 and XEmacs complain to use of make-network-process
>> which isn't available.  To solve the problem, we may want to
>> introduce it as dns.el does.

> Do those emacsen support socket processes?  If not, maybe we should
> remove pgg-gpg-update-agent.

Oops.  ISHIKAWA Mutsumi wrote (in Japanese) in

http://lists.debian.or.jp/debian-devel/200502/msg00007.html

that Emacs 21 doesn't support the communication passing the UNIX
domain socket.  If we need to use it at all costs, we will have
to use an external program which communicates with the agent
process by way of the socket.