Re: Bug in CVS Emacs frame positioning under X

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Bug in CVS Emacs frame positioning under X
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:59:11 +0200

Fran Litterio wrote:

If there were a function that can be called to synchronously obtain the current
position of a window, then x_check_expected_move() could use that function
instead of relying on possibly incorrect data from the last ConfigureNotify
event.

I don't (yet) know enough about X Window system programming to know if such a
function exists.  If someone does know, please inform me.  If I find a solution,
I'll submit a patch.

XSync, XMoveWindow, and then XSync again should make the next ConfigureWindow contain the position after move. XGetGeometry and XGetWindowAttributes should do the trick.

        Jan D.