Re: defcustom :version

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: defcustom :version
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:11:59 -0800

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>     I didn't realize that a face could have a version as the defface
>     docstring doesn't indicate it. Sure enough, defface, as well as
>     defgroup, call custom-handle-all-keywords so :version is supported. Why
>     then, are not all the keywords documented in all three macros?
>
> They are, in the node Common Keywords.

The docstring implies only :group is supported:

    The remaining arguments should have the form

       [KEYWORD VALUE]...

    The following KEYWORDs are defined:

    :group  VALUE should be a customization group.
            Add face to that group.

It also doesn't mention the ARGS argument. I would suggest either
enumerating all the legal keywords, or:

    The remaining arguments ARGS should have the form

       [KEYWORD VALUE]...

    See Info node `(elisp)Common Keywords' for the list of KEYWORDs.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD