Re: Binding a command to the down-event of a toolbar button

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Binding a command to the down-event of a toolbar button
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 08:46:23 -0500

    Your reason for proposing that we *not* implement this feature is based only
    on what other user interfaces do and what users are asking for today. You
    focused only on benefit, not cost, and you weighed the possible benefit in a
    narrow way.

We have a lot of other work to do, so if this is not important, I don't
want it to distract developers' attention from other things.