Re: turn off safe-local-variable-values checking

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: turn off safe-local-variable-values checking
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 02:56:13 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> "Shug Boabby" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   > On 31/03/06, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
>   > > Can you provide a scenario where it's really bothersome?
>   >
>   > oh... try opening up each section file of your thesis (each file
>   > containing 3 or 4 AUCTeX variables), across several computers, and
>   > getting that bloody box pop up and ask 4X questions!! (where X are the
>   > number of files i have in desktop save)
>
> Try a newer versions of AUCTeX, the warning is disabled by
> default. I am not sure what version started doing that, I use the
> CVS.
>
> Yeah, it would be great if AUCTeX was integrated in emacs, so you
> won't need to install it separately...

It is still missing copyright assignments for that.  If somebody would
volunteer to invest more time than I currently manage for hunting
people down and asking them, this would be appreciated.  Don't hold
your breath for this to finish, but it is something that deserves
better progress than I have made so far.

Also I am not sure that the release schedule of Emacs and AUCTeX are
really compatible: not everybody using AUCTeX takes his Emacs fresh
from CVS.