Re: SEGV in xmenu.c digest_single_submenu

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: SEGV in xmenu.c digest_single_submenu
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:12:54 +0200

"Jan D." <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sascha Wilde wrote:
[...]
>> GDB:
>> 0x08086f5c in digest_single_submenu (start=3803, end=4928,
>> top_level_items=0)
>>     at xmenu.c:1850
>> 1850                save_wv->contents = wv;
>> (gdb) p save_wv $22 = (widget_value *) 0x0
[...]
> This is the same as the thread "Problem #18" talks about, save_wv
> being dereferenced while it is NULL.

yes.

> Do our .emacs load any c-mode customizations, such as special menu
> entries?  Or some minor mode that adds a menu for C-files?

at least not directly -- I'll examine all loaded third party modes as
soon as I can.

I observed an other problem, that seems to be related:
- I start Emacs using my .emacs
- M-x c-mode
- klick on the Menubar
=> I get:
  Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable c-subword-mode)

Of cause: w/o my .emacs the problem is not there, so something seems
to mess with cc-mode...

Now, when I:
- start Emacs using my .emacs
- M-x load-library cc-subword
- C-x 5 f /PATH/TO/ANY/FILE.c

It works without SEGV, so those problems seem to be related.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde  :  "I heard that if you play the Windows CD backward, you
              :  get a satanic message. But that's nothing compared to