Re: allout patch - more safe-local-variables, plus autoloads

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: allout patch - more safe-local-variables, plus autoloads
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:12:25 -0400

    If we disallow t and want a quick&dirty replacement predicate for boolean
    values, we can either introduce booleanp (seems like a good predicate to
    have around anyway) or just use symbolp.

symbolp is not correct; a boolean variable can have any Lisp object
as its value.  If booleanp is mean to mean "is t or nil", that would
also be incorrect.

I don't see any great need to eliminate t as a value,
and certainly not at the cost of any real annoyance.