Re: Last steps for pretesting

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Last steps for pretesting
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:46:02 +0200

>     xresources.texi is missing here.
>
> I think we will move most or all of that out of the Emacs manual.
> It is not necessary for editing with Emacs.

I strongly disagree.  The X resources (and equivalents) are the only
way to specify startup fonts and geometry in a way that makes them
work on Emacs startup such that the window manager has a chance to
accommodate them.

X resources and startup options are so important that they are one of
the few things mentioned in man pages of programs even when separate
and more elaborate info pages exist.