Continued development during release process

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Continued development during release process
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:37:13 -0700

I have some developers who have been sitting on some changes until MH-E
8.0 is released. Since this is looming (I'm putting out the first
release candidate today), it's time for me to find out how the Emacs
maintainers would like us to proceed.

First of all, if you're handling the release, including tagging and
stuff, please let me know who you are.

Second, once you add a pretest tag, will you make subsequent tags based
upon that tag, or will you simply tag the trunk? The implications for
the MH-E project is that in the former case, my developers can simply
check in their changes. In the latter case, we'll have to branch and
merge until 22.1 is released, which is a lot of extra work (so of
course I'm hoping for the former).

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD