[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: mem leak
Re: mem leak
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:39:36 +0900
Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
>>> It prints a warning message, but it tends to get lost among the large
>>> amount of other noise that emacs spits out during compilation.
>> The splash screen shows a warning message when pure space overflowed
>> during the build. It's hard to miss.
> ... unless you have the splash screen disabled (as I do) ... :-/
Is there any reason _not_ to make the build fail in this case?
As I've found an Emacs with an overflowed pure space is not very usable
anyway... so it's something that really should be fixed immediately by
the builder if it happens.
It wasn't the Exxon Valdez captain's driving that caused the Alaskan oil spill.
It was yours. [Greenpeace advertisement, New York Times, 25 February 1990]
- mem leak, Miles Bader, 2006/04/23
- Re: mem leak, LENNART BORGMAN, 2006/04/24
- Re: mem leak, Miles Bader, 2006/04/24
- Re: mem leak, Richard Stallman, 2006/04/24
- memory consumption with pure-space-overflow (was: mem leak), Reiner Steib, 2006/04/26
- Re: memory consumption with pure-space-overflow (was: mem leak), Richard Stallman, 2006/04/27
- Re: memory consumption with pure-space-overflow, Reiner Steib, 2006/04/27
- Re: memory consumption with pure-space-overflow, Richard Stallman, 2006/04/27