Re: memory leak

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: memory leak
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:16:08 +0000 (UTC)

This may be it:

    ... after you completely quit using Emacs, the memory consumed by
    the Emacs process can easily grow by more than 35 percent, or 8M
    or more,

My normal instances of Emacs do have a large number of large files
open at once, but the numbers I reported are for when they are killed.

How does memory get consumed after Emacs processes are killed?

What should I look for after successfully running
`save-buffers-kill-emacs' on all instances of Emacs?

No pure storage overflow:

    You can check whether the variable pure-space-overflow
    is really non-nil or whether (garbage-collect) returns a non-nil value
    (it should).

In both an instance of Emacs started with -Q -D and an instance of my
normal Emacs the variable pure-space-overflow is nil and
(garbage-collect) returns a non-nil value.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8