pseudonymous/anonymous "tiny change" contributions (was: "tiny change" +

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: pseudonymous/anonymous "tiny change" contributions (was: "tiny change" + assignment)
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 15:55:20 +0200

On Fri, May 05 2006, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> The FSF is (rightfully, IMHO) picky about having the same spelling
> on file and in ChangeLog entries [...]

While at it: In etc/ChangeLog there is:

,----[ etc/ChangeLog ]
| 2006-02-23  Herbert Euler  <address@hidden>  (tiny change)
|
|       * TUTORIAL.cn: Fix omission bug: Add dot (ASCII 0x2E) on first line.
`----

Given that "Herbert Euler" writes "Regards, Guanpeng Xu" in his
articles[1], I doubt that "Herbert Euler" is the right name.

Recently, there was a tiny contribution to Gnus from "xyblor
<address@hidden>" [2].  I'm quite reluctant to include anonymous
contributions because there is no way to ensure that the same person
doesn't contribute more than a single "tiny change".  Do we have
guidelines for such cases?

Bye, Reiner.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/50908

[2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.user/7125