Re: bind faces?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: bind faces?
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 09:52:52 +0900

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
> Wouldn't it be useful to be able to do that? We have `let' for variables and
> `flet' (via cl.el) for functions, but nothing for faces, IIUC. (Obviously, a
> user could work with face variables, but those are not always available and
> their use is generally discouraged.)

Why exactly do you want to do this?

[FWIW, you can do it very easily with my `face remapping' patch -- it
 ends up being just a normal `let' -- but that's part of Emacs yet:

   (let ((face-remapping-alist (cons '(some-face . bold) face-remapping-alist)))
     (read-string "blah: "))
]

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia