Re: Windows Printing

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Windows Printing
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 12:07:35 +0300

> Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 00:59:56 +0200
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> CC:  address@hidden
>
> However that has not very much to do with the main argument. There are
> some support in MS Windows for the way Emacs prints, but it is not a
> full support for all printers and all kind of printing as far as I
> understands it. You have to use GDI for that. Or do you think
> differently?

Yes, I think differently.  Apart of the problem mentioned by Jason,
I'm not aware of any others that prevent Emacs from printing like it
currently does.  And until we have the GDI code, that's the best we
can do.

But let's not reiterate that lengthy argument from gnu-emacs-help.

> Thanks. Would it be hard to let the display code see the whole buffer? I
> mean for printing.

It's not hard, but it should be a subtly different code, since the
media is different.