Strange scrolling with partially visible lines.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Strange scrolling with partially visible lines.
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 22:30:49 +0200

If I have a mail with an embedded image at the bottom (which runs off
the frame), and I try walking over it with forward-char, instead of
the cursor being displayed on the image itself (when it reaches
there), the cursor blinks at the top left corner of the window (where
it has no business whatsoever).  When doing another forward-char,
scrolling commences to after the image.

This is with a version from today.  I don't know for sure how long
this weird behavior has been there already, but a month ago or so
things were still behaving reasonably.

There are also several cases now in a buffer with multiple large
images where repeated scroll-up gets stuck in a loop because one of
the scroll-up commands makes backward progress.