Re: Problem report: No syntax highlight for C

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Problem report: No syntax highlight for C
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 17:05:01 +0300

> Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 19:59:10 +0800
> From: "Jie Zhang" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden

> > > I'm rather new to emacs. I don't know what exactly "emacs -Q" meas.
> > > Does it means passing -Q to emacs while invoking it?
> >
> > Yes, it means invoke Emacs with the -Q command-line switch.

You didn't say if the problem happens with -Q.  Please do.

> > If using -Q doesn't make this problem go away, please tell how up to
> > date is your Emacs code.  If you checked out the CVS tree yourself,
> > please tell at what date you did that.  If you got the sources from
> > someone else, please tell what is the first entry that you see in the
> > file lisp/ChangeLog.

You didn't reply to this.  Please do.

> I have narrowed down the changes which cause this issue. The CVS on
> 20060524 has no such issue, but 20060525 does. There are two and half
> entries which were added between these two dates. I add their owners
> to the CC list. Hope this help.

This doesn't explain why I don't see the problem on my machine, with
today's CVS.  Do you have this problem with every .c file, or just
with some?  If the latter, please post the smallest .c file which
causes the problem.

TIA