Re: help-for-help

From: John S. Yates, Jr.
Subject: Re: help-for-help
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 10:28:27 -0400

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:
>a  command-apropos.  Give a list of words or a regexp, to get a list of
>        commands whose names match.  See also the  apropos  command.
>c  describe-key-briefly.  Type a command key sequence;
>       it prints the function name that sequence runs.
>d  apropos-documentation.  Give a pattern (a list or words or a regexp), and
>       see a list of functions, variables, and other items whose built-in
>       doucmentation string matches that pattern.  See also the apropos
> command.

In a similar vein...  What is the difference between "give"
and "type"?  Even if terminology is not unified around "type"
I suggest that input in response to a prompt is more commonly
"entered" than "given".

I can see some symmetry in the description of command-apropos:
give / get.  The same does not hold for the description of
apropos-documentation.

/john