Re: yow.c

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: yow.c
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:32:07 +0300

>     > Unfortunately, we have to delete yow.lines as well.
>
>     ??? But yow.el uses that file.
>
> Yes, we should delete yow.el also, since it will be useless.  Would
> you please do it?

Please don't.  I use yow.el with a local file to print funny one-line
error messages, i.e. what I do is

  (fset 'undefined 'yow)
  (setq yow-file ".../talker.msg")

and when a wrong key is pressed in a read-only buffer, it displays a
misleading error message.  For instance, trying to visit a file in the
dired buffer with a wrong key may display such an error message:

  File not found. Should I fake it? (y/n)
or
  Close your eyes and press escape three times.

This is useful to always get ready for any surprise :-)

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/