Patch to fix non-deterministic frame-positioning under X

From: Fran Litterio
Subject: Patch to fix non-deterministic frame-positioning under X
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:25:40 -0400

Now that the FSF has my signed copyright assignment, RMS asked me to
resend my patch with itemized changelog entries. The patch is
attached.

This patch fixes a bug where frame positioning under X would sometimes
(non-deterministically) misplace a frame when set-frame-position was
called.  To test this patch, start Emacs like this:

   emacs -q

and evaluate this Elisp:

(dolist (i '(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e))
        (let ((frame (make-frame '((top . 50) (left . 50)))))
          (set-frame-position frame 200 200)
          (set-frame-position frame 300 300)))

You should be able to repeatedly evaluate the above form, and all
newly created frames should end up in exactly the same location (x/y =
300/300).
--
Fran Litterio