Re: Minibuffer completion and M-<TAB>

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Minibuffer completion and M-<TAB>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 01:58:56 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:
    `<TAB>'
         Complete the text before point in the minibuffer as much as
         possible (`minibuffer-complete').

    This is not true always. At the M-: prompt you have to use M-<TAB>.

I think that is a misunderstanding.  The M-TAB command is
something else.
I believe I know the difference, but still I often try to complete symbols in the minibuffer with just TAB. And this help text seems to imply it should, doesn't it?