Re: FOR-RELEASE: Windows related bugs

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: FOR-RELEASE: Windows related bugs
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:59:19 +0530

Hi,
I confirm the TCP related problem. I tried with a server replacement
I had writtnd for GNUserv. The CPU usage is consistently above 80%!

I was of the impression that "gnuserv" was using the function
"make-network-process". Sorry for jumping to conclusions too fast.

-dk

On 6/19/06, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
On 6/19/06, dhruva <address@hidden> wrote:

> For the TCP server case, I used
> the "gnuserv" to test.

I'm not sure what do you mean by "using the gnuserv to test"; the
problem is not related to gnuserv.

Just start the task manager and Emacs, and then do:

 M-: (make-network-process :name "test" :server t :service t) [RET]

and watch the CPU usage go to 50% or 100% (depending on operating
system, system setup, etc.).

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u