Re: Two new Zippy'ism contributions

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Two new Zippy'ism contributions
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:33:01 -0500

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

>> How about if the people who want to replace it set themselves up as a
>> committee to choose the best proposals.  They can make another mailing
>> list; then we won't discuss it further on this list.
>
> Any old pinhead fan can just copy the yow.lines file from their existing
> emacs installation into emacs 22.  New users will _not_ miss it.

Because they won't know about it; but they will miss out on a little
bit of texture.  (Which, of course, is better than replacing it with
something not very good.)

If the above mentioned committee does get formed
(hmmm... Emacs needs a magic eight ball feature:
  M-x shake-eight-ball
  Question:  Will the committee be formed?
  *FLASH*
  *FLASH*
  *FLASH*
  Answer: It remains to be seen.)
email me (off-list, of course).  I don't know how much help I'd be (I
have a tin Zippy ear --- I thought some of the contributions were
pretty good), but I'd do what I can.

Jay