Re: 100% CPU on TCP servers (on Windoze).

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: 100% CPU on TCP servers (on Windoze).
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:07:57 +0200

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 7/14/06, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Thanks.  Here is something which actually seems to work -- provided
>> we can use ws2_32.dll:
>
> Yeah, it (apparently) works! Great!
>
> I'll dig the old server.el/emacsclient.c code and the thread to see
> what's left to do. IIRC, I had it mostly working, but I had gotten rid
> of the Unix socket stuff, and someone (Stefan, perhaps?) asked for it
> to be kept.

You can use (featurep 'make-network-process '(:family local)) to see
if unix sockets are available -- use them if available, otherwise
switch to TCP or UDP, and save the server's port number in a file.

Likewise in emacsclient, first try to see if the unix socket file
is present -- if not, look for a file containing the local port number
for the server.