Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: display-mm-width return value off on Windows
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:55:13 +0000 (UTC)

    ... in other cases it may be separate displays but with a single
    keyboard, now whether that means a single (Emacs) terminal or not,
    I don't know

In 1994, RMS wrote `make-frame-on-display', which enables you to
connect to another X display.  Frames in the different displays can
show windows with the same or different buffers.  I have used the
command.  It works fine.

The command is documented in the Emacs Manual,  (emacs)Multiple Displays

However, I do not know anything about Microsoft operating systems.
They do not run X to create windows.  Maybe they lack the capability
or maybe they do have it and the Emacs Manual is wrong.  (The email
message did not say whether it was about one of the Microsoft
operating systems or an X operating system or all.  The documentation
specifically refers to X.)

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8