Re: Using quail input methods to translate buffer text.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Using quail input methods to translate buffer text.
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:56:58 +0900

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> I think it's not worth working on quail-conv to make it work
> correctly for all cases.  How about just make it work well
> for simple input methods (i.e. ones that (quail-simple)
> return t) and reject complicated input methods.

That doesn't seem right -- (quail-simple) returns nil for Japanese, but
still, just the roman letters -> hiragana functionality of Peter's
function seems useful.

I'd say don't "reject" anything, simply put a note in the docstring that
the behavior is not necessarily useful for more complicated interactive
input methods.

-Miles
--
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.  -- Steven Wright