Re: Missing `with' macro?

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: Re: Missing `with' macro?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:14:10 -0700 (PDT)

> To develop a general macro for this would be useful.  It is not a
> trivial thing.  Please start working on it if you want.  The case of
> just examining a file without altering it, since that is more common,
> and easier.  I suspect that we may need two totally different macros
> for the read-only case and the case of altering the file.

I've implemented a first draft of this, complete with file-writing
capacity in the same macro: see the attached file and please comment.  (In
particular, is there a clean way to silence `save-buffer' or the
equivalent?)  I still don't quite have papers, but I am led to believe
that it will happen Real Soon Now; since this isn't going into this
release AFAIK, I hope that's not a problem.

Davis

shipping.