Re: address@hidden: Font Lock on-the-fly misfontification in C++]

From: Aidan Kehoe
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Font Lock on-the-fly misfontification in C++]
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:12:35 +0200

 Ar an dara lá de mí Lúnasa, scríobh Stefan Monnier:

 > People, can we move on to something else?  It's not like someone's going to
 > change his mind anyway.  The Emacs camp wants to call their editor "Emacs"
 > and the XEmacs camp wants to call their editor "XEmacs".  That's that.

That’s not that. RMS and other developers of his branch of the editor
regularly call it both Emacs and GNU Emacs in many and varied contexts and
express the opinion that other people should avoid the second term in
a recent, cited context where RMS has used it (that is, to distinguish it
from other versions of the editor.)

 > Now whether you want to respect their wishes is up to you.

Also a matter of individual choice is one’s opinion on what telling people
to do what you say, not what you do is best described as.

--
Santa Maradona, priez pour moi!