Re: Canceling dialogues

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Canceling dialogues
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:20:53 -0400

    I've now checked on GNU/Linux, and the dialogs behave there in exactly
    the same manner: even if you click the "X" button in the upper-right
    corner of the dialog, to close the dialog, the command continues; you
    need to type some character to stop it.

In my configuration, with Lucid menus, this does cause a quit.  It
displays Quit in the echo area, and it does not execute the rest
of the command.

That's what it ought to do in other configurations also.