Re: Canceling dialogues

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Canceling dialogues
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 23:16:26 +0100

> I defined a command
>
> (defun foo ()
>   (interactive)
>   (y-or-n-p "Foo? ")
>   (setq foo t))
>
> and bound it to C-M-mouse-1 using global-set-key.
> Then I did C-M-mouse-1, and it brought up the dialog box.
> Then I clicked on the X to kill the dialog box.
> Emacs displayed Quit, and the variable foo was still unbound.

There were some changes in xmenu.c from Dec 2004 and May 2005 that
were not also made in w32menu.c. I have added the code to Quit and
this now works on w32 also, but there are many more changes that may
be relevant (there are also many changes from that timeframe related
to supporting GTK menus, so it is difficult to find which changes are
relevant).

If someone has time, it is worth going through the ChangeLog looking
at changes that have been made in xmenu, xterm and xfns and seeing if
equivalent changes have been made in mac and w32 files, if not,
judging whether the change is relevant to other platforms.

I probably last did this sometime around mid-2004, so you won't need
to go further back than that.